Operating performances within the Aspen group of companies have been below the expectations of AM Best “due to the impact of catastrophe losses and weaker-than-expected results for certain lines of business, and demonstrated by a five-year...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Apr 3, 2020 8:00 am
An insurer specialising in emerging business categories has been granted a license by the Bermuda Monetary Authority, the...
- Mar 31, 2020 12:10 pm
Sompo International Holdings Ltd has appointed Michael Carroll senior vice-president and deputy head of life sciences for...
- Mar 31, 2020 8:00 am
One of Bermuda’s leading insurance industry bodies has praised the “decisive and compassionate actions” of the Government...
- Mar 30, 2020 3:34 pm
Life reinsurance and insurance holding company Monument Re Ltd has announced the signing of an agreement to acquire GreyCastle...
- Mar 30, 2020 8:00 am
The Bermuda Captive Conference has been rescheduled to a later date due to the global impact of the Covid-19...
- Mar 30, 2020 8:00 am
Bermudian re/insurer Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is to hold its annual general meeting in a virtual format next...
- Mar 27, 2020 8:00 am
Three US state legislatures are considering legislation aimed at forcing insurers to cover pandemic-related business...
- Mar 26, 2020 8:00 am
LONDON (Reuters) — Delaying the Olympics is likely to cost insurers much less than cancelling the Tokyo Games altogether, with...
- Mar 25, 2020 8:00 am
Global specialty re/insurer Canopius Group Ltd has acquired a majority stake in Bermudian-based specialty reinsurance group...
- Mar 20, 2020 11:43 am
The Bermuda Monetary Authority has waived the requirement for insurers to hold board meetings on the island during the...
- Mar 19, 2020 8:00 am
- IGI shares debut on Nasdaq
- Acquisition costs drive Aspen to loss
- Rims conference cancelled
- IGI wins NAIC provisional approval
- Foundation ILS and reinsurance platform launched
- CEO confident L&G Re growth story will continue
- Blue Capital to delist from BSX and NYSE
- Aon to buy Willis Towers Watson for $30bn
- PartnerRe to be sold to Covéa for $9bn
- Fergusson joins Hamilton from Aspen
- Downey to take top job at Everest Re Bermuda
- Hiscox: coronavirus exposure ‘manageable’
- PartnerRe reports $108m loss
- Athene and Apollo close deal
- Neon office to remain open until mid-year
- Hiscox moves into new home
- Third Point Re improves as strategy shifts
- Pestcoe appointed to Hamilton Group board
- Qatar Re CEO becomes CEO of QIC Global
- Insurance veteran Butt to retire
- Life reinsurance business showcased in Vegas
- AIG in accelerated share repurchase
- Conway joins TigerRisk Partners
- Argo Group reports $103.3m loss
- Captive honours for island executives
- CEO Hendrick leaves Axa XL
- Argo announces two board nominees
- Argo confirms CEO and new chairman
- Former Ironshore CEO joins Aquiline as adviser
- Athene doubles annual profit and eyes S&P 500
- Brokers consider opioid and cannabis risks
- AIG reports $922m profit for quarter
- Students learn about life insurance sector
- Arch beats analysts’ estimates
- Fidelis raises $300m for future growth
- Technology key to insurers’ future
- Talks on possible sale of PartnerRe confirmed
- Chubb: strongest revenue growth in five years
- McFate joins board of Argo Group
- Report claims PartnerRe is up for sale
Pair rebuild bridges after kites clash
Strict new rules for shopping
UK flies in 1,800 Covid-19 test kits
BUT slams decision to dock teachers’ pay
Lawyer: SoE is ‘right, proper and justified’
Hundreds sign up for kindness campaign
Payments made to 1,142 laid-off workers
Emergency US repatriation flight finalised
Survivor tells of life-changing experience
Bermudian seniors on holiday stranded in UK
Shoppers implored to resist panic-buying
Burt: we must dig deep to defeat Covid-19
Public schools to reopen ‘when safe’
Grocery deliverers on standby
Ada Nyabongo (1926-2020)
Take Our Poll