Motorist banned for 18 months
A Southampton man has been banned from the roads for 18 months after crashing his car while impaired.
Magistrates’ Court heard that Perry Jones, 46, swerved into the opposite lane on Middle Road, Paget, on April 10, where he collided with another car and hit a wall.
Police officers arrived and questioned Jones, who said he had “blacked out”.
Asked if he had been drinking, Jones told them: “I had about three Elephants earlier but not much.”
He was arrested on suspicion of impaired driving.
Jones pleaded guilty to the offence on Wednesday and apologised to the court.
Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe fined Jones $1,000 in addition to the ban, ordering him to pay by July 12.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.