Happy times at Police Beach
In reference to the article on the Police Beach in Saturday’s newspaper, Lieutenant-Colonel David Burch said that the arrangement had allowed police “almost exclusive access to the beach” and added “in practical terms that meant white policemen only”.
My husband was a serving officer at the time and Emmy Trott is a friend who was more than happy to share her property with the police force.
We spent many happy times at Gibbets Island and I can assure Colonel Burch that the beach was used by families both black and white.
Government boat believed to be sunk
Two sides argue over magistrate’s evidence
Lawyer relives search for family in Bahamas
Mentally ill man detained in hospital
Joint store as jewellery businesses combine
Regiment ready to help Cayman Islands
Marilyn’s writing debut
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive