Multi-award winning singer Monica Brown says she “cannot wait to perform in Bermuda” as she gets ready to headline this year’s Made in Bermuda Festival.
The American singer, songwriter, producer, actress and entrepreneur has had a series of Number 1 albums including ‘After the Storm’, ‘The Makings of Me’ and ‘Still Standing’ and has appeared in TV series such as ‘Living Single’, ‘Felicity’ and ‘American Dreams’.
She has also received a Billboard Music Award, two BMI Pop Awards, one BET Award and a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for ‘The Boy Is Mine’.
In a specially recorded video, she said: “I cannot tell you how excited I am. I am so looking forward to being there. Come rock out with me and the band!”
It is the third annual Festival which kicks off on August 30 at venues including White’s Island, the Hamilton Princess and the Royal Naval Dockyard with a host of acts including Live Wires; One SOULution; Olivia Hamilton; Sheila Smith; Brixx; Sinead the Flower; B.L.A.C.; Tyler Wilson, DJ Chubb and DJ iBreeze.
The Wall Street Band, whose lead bassist is Eugene ‘T’ Tuzo, the father of Dainavon Tuzo – the lead keyboardist for Monica – is also appearing.
It will be the debut performance for Bermudian Sinead the Flower, who says her music has an “island edge’ to it. In this video, she says like she likes to mix elements of fantasy and reality with her work and that she chose her name because she loves flowers.
The full schedule for the Made in Bermuda Festival is:
• Thursday, August 30 – Made In Bermuda Nights Finale on Whites Island at 8:30pm
• Friday August 31 – Made In Bermuda Panel on Developing Arts and Entertainment at HP’s Trudeau Ballroom at 10.30am
• Friday – Made In Bermuda Marina Nights at the Hamilton Princess marina at 5pm
• Saturday September 1 – Made In Bermuda Festival Concert in Dockyard at 7pm
• Monday September 3 – Float BDA at Tobacco Bay at 12.30pm.
Tickets are available at www.Ptix.bm.
• Press release from Made in Bermuda