BTA entrepreneurs programme deadline
Despite COVID-19 uncertainty, the Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) is reminding local entrepreneurs the deadline for applications to its Experience Investment Programme closes a week today, Tuesday, March 31.
The current intake aims to recruit the best tourism-related ideas for potential launch in the second half of 2020 to help drive tourism’s recovery; decisions on submitted applications will be delayed pending clarity on that timeframe.
A dozen applicants have begun the online application process for this year’s first round of the programme.
Entrepreneurs should align their ideas with the National Tourism Plan, in particular with a focus on four key areas of the visitor experience: food, cultural sites, superyachts, and Bermuda’s historical connection to tennis. However, applications that fall outside these specific interest areas are also accepted.
The last group of entrepreneurs approved for funding in late 2019 and now finalising contracts includes:
• Rum Punch Brunch, that stages curated brunch experiences followed by day parties at re-purposed cultural venues
• PinkSand Entertainment, which produces all-inclusive packages for “Made in Bermuda Nights”
• X2O Adventures, that operates at Daniel’s Head, Sandys, and specializes in water experiences with a family-friendly atmosphere
• Future Leaders Bermuda, which partners with overseas organisations to create personalised school, research, educational and cultural expeditions, along with volunteer itineraries for group trips to Bermuda.
To submit applications, get more information, or access workshop presentations on the programme, go to: https://www.gotobermuda.com/bta/tourism-experiences-investment
A separate BTA online proposal process exists for those putting together a sports-tourism event.
• Press release from the Bermuda Tourism Authority
Covid-19 testing an issue in US
Argus buy-up a ‘huge conflict’
‘Filthy beast’ recalls unusual childhood
Offers made for parts of AS Cooper
No excuse for that headline
Man injured in stabbing
Take Our Poll