The head of the island’s teachers union has slammed a decision to dock the wages of teachers who took industrial action in February.
Nishanthi Bailey, the president of the Bermuda Union of Teachers, said that she had “no other option than...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Saturday Apr 4, 2020 8:00 am
Public schools will only be reopened when health officials give the go ahead, the education ministry said tonight.
- Apr 3, 2020 9:36 am
Part of a childcare programme for essential services workers will be up and running today, the Minister of Education pledged...
- Apr 2, 2020 8:00 am
School staff were saluted for their hard work in the Covid-19 crisis by the education minister.
Diallo Rabain said that...
- Apr 1, 2020 1:43 pm
Almost three quarters of public primary schools ranked as poor or very poor in maths based on the average pupil score in a...
- Mar 28, 2020 12:53 pm
Bermuda High School for Girls and Warwick Academy have announced IB exams will be cancelled this year.
A BHS press...
- Mar 23, 2020 8:46 am
The Government got its sums wrong when it provided figures on pupil test results in mathematics, science and English, an...
- Mar 23, 2020 8:00 am
A plan to allow public school pupils to learn at home if schools are closed is being drawn up, the acting education...
- Mar 19, 2020 8:00 am
Three private sector schools are to keep pupils away and move to remote learning amid fears about Covid-19, it was revealed...
- Mar 17, 2020 8:00 am
Public schools will remain open as Bermuda prepares to do battle with Covid-19, the Government announced this...
- Mar 16, 2020 2:53 pm
Bermuda is too small for signature schools to have a solitary focus, the education minister announced.
- Mar 15, 2020 2:19 pm
- Firm selected to rebuild schools system
- House: consultants deliver maths boost
- Teaching job descriptions signed off
- Saltus pupils learn about women’s rights
- Success overseas for Berkeley students
- Readers to celebrate World Book Day
- Help for pupils with behavioural problems
- US education expert visits Saltus
- House: grants helping College students
- Santucci defends public schools system
- Northlands Primary celebrates local icons
- End of the road for TN Tatem
- Teacher: ‘There’s a huge part of Warwick missing now’
- Rabain: ‘consistent’ message on schools
- Richards: place children first
- Dellwood parents reveal grave fears
- BUT tears into Department of Education
- Dellwood staff revolt over ‘sudden’ sackings
- TN Tatem closure decision expected
- Warning over Jump Tripping Challenge
- BHS pupils show off creative talents
- BUT marks 101 years
- BUT ‘optimistic’ of paraeducators pay rise
- Career fair opens pupil’s eyes to the world
- Outerbridge named Teacher of the Year
- Somersfield Academy head to retire
- Pupils explore ocean technology
- Primary school registration begins next month
- BHS unveils new theatre, music suites
- Caledonian Society gives student $5,000 boost
- Charity puts focus on educational opportunity
Pair rebuild bridges after kites clash
Strict new rules for shopping
UK flies in 1,800 Covid-19 test kits
BUT slams decision to dock teachers’ pay
Lawyer: SoE is ‘right, proper and justified’
Hundreds sign up for kindness campaign
Payments made to 1,142 laid-off workers
Emergency US repatriation flight finalised
Survivor tells of life-changing experience
Bermudian seniors on holiday stranded in UK
Shoppers implored to resist panic-buying
Burt: we must dig deep to defeat Covid-19
Public schools to reopen ‘when safe’
Grocery deliverers on standby
Ada Nyabongo (1926-2020)
Take Our Poll