The Bermuda Health Council has spoken out against on-island kidney transplants due to safety and cost concerns.
In a statement, the BHC said that it does not support proposed live donor kidney transplant on the island “at this...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am
The Ministry of Health is advising everyone older than 6 months to get a flu shot this year.
This is “particularly...
- Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm
Sexual assault can have a devastating impact on the lives of victims.
But a group of forensic nurses dedicated to...
- Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am
Halting the rise in obesity and diabetes will be the focus of a symposium in January.
As the island marks World...
- Nov 14, 2017 9:17 am
Bermuda is “bleeding itself to death” from the cost of treating chronic diseases.
The warning came from Hans Diehl, a...
- Nov 6, 2017 8:00 am
Bermuda’s organ donors and their families were honoured last night at a special event.
Kerrie Casey, hospital relations...
- Nov 3, 2017 8:00 am
The only occupational therapist at the Mid-Atlantic Wellness Institute’s child and adolescent services department is dealing...
- Nov 2, 2017 8:00 am
Children miss out on learning basic skills because the benefit of play is undervalued, child development experts said...
- Oct 27, 2017 8:00 am
Friends of Hospice is continuing the conversation on death and dying with a community event this weekend.
- Oct 19, 2017 10:40 am
Women are being given an opportunity to learn about breast health next week as part of Breast Health Awareness Month.
- Oct 19, 2017 8:00 am
A pair of new scholarships for nurses pursuing mental health paths was unveiled as the Bermuda Government kicked off Mental...
- Oct 9, 2017 2:03 pm
- Volleyball event supported SunSmart
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month begins
- Combat diabetes by dressing diabolically
- Vow to tighten care home regulations
- Music executive to address mental health
- Legislation on global health threats passed
- First 3-D mammography service launches
- Specialist surgeon arrives on island
- ‘Dementia is a ticking time bomb’
- BHB launches island-wide asthma campaign
- Wilson prioritises ‘ageing well’ strategy
- Sugar tax can lead to ‘healthier diets’
- Boost for dementia patients
- Staff shortage forces closure of UCC
- ‘Sugar tax may hit businesses and jobs’
- Male nurse living his dream
- Transplant surgeon to speak at dinner
- Diabetes association welcomes sugar tax
- Health centre to shut early on Thursday
- Diabetes expert warns patients to prepare
- Celebrating a drug free lifestyle
- Advice on a healthy appetite
- Mental health system is ‘struggling’
- Bermuda to tackle hepatitis transmission
- More than 1,900 employees regain insurance
Neighbours kick up a stink over dairy farm
Caines: protest pushed me to become MP
Warning over Domestic Partnership Act
Atherden pledges diverse OBA
Payne’s passion for the past
Nusum laments ‘five minutes of madness’
Take Our Poll