Senate passes Land Tax legislation
The Land Tax Amendment Act was passed in the Senate on Friday.
The legislation will come into effect on July 1, 2019, and will see properties charged taxes based on the annual rental value.
All properties will be charged a base rate of $300 under the Act.
The Dental Practitioners Amendment Act was also passed in the Senate the same day.
The Act will require dentists to have indemnity insurance to register as a dental practitioner.
It will also give the Bermuda Dental Board power to impose additional registration requirements on dental practitioners for some procedures when it believed it was needed to protect patients.
Case against Tokunbo dismissed
New walk-in clinic delayed
Second councillor quits in St George
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Somerset steps up for Troy
Drink-driver injured motorcyclist in crash
Awards for five artists
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive