• Peace Lutheran Church: Invites you to join the installation of our new pastor, David Trott, at 3pm. The installation will be presided over by Rev Dr Philip Hirsch, assistant to the Bishop of the ELCA Metropolitan Washington DC Synod. Refreshments will follow. 154 South Road, Paget.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: Cordially invites all to our 156th church anniversary celebration at 10.30am with Rev Musa Daba. Our minister of music, Darryl Simons, will be honoured for a decade of faithful service. Coffee hour celebration to follow. 151 South Road, Smith’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for our 132nd anniversary celebrations at 11am. Rev Larry Dixon, Presiding Elder New Jersey Conference, Atlantic City District, will speak on the theme A New Day, A New Church. The day’s text comes from Isaiah 43:19. A luncheon will follow after the service, at a cost of $10 per person. 100 Harrington Sound Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Women Aglow International: Join our fellowship worship service at 9.45am when Rev Dr Madeline Hayward, pastor of First Church of God, Angle Street, will speak on the theme of “Courageousness”. “Be strong and of good courage for the Lord your God is with you.” (Joshua 1: 6-9) Light refreshments will be served. At Astwood Hall, Church Street, Hamilton. Come and praise the Lord. All are welcome. For more information contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• Vernon Temple AME Church: Invites you to be our guest at our annual Women’s Day service when the theme will be: Women Walking Together; Building Relationships One Step at a Time. Shanay Scott will speak at our 7am service. Rev Lisa Weaver, doctoral candidate and former assistant pastor at Trinity Baptist Church, Bronx, New York, will speak at 10am and 3.30pm. Lunch will be served from 12.30pm to 2.30pm. Tickets, $20, are available on 238-1178. 6 Hawthorne Lane, Middle Road, Southampton.
• St Philip AME Church: Under the distinguished patronage of Presiding Elder Rev Betty Furbert-Woolridge and Edward Woolridge, the Women of St Philip AME Church present An Evening of Gospel Jazz, featuring soloist Elton Richardson, saxophonist Keith Lee, violinist Tiffany Fox, guitarist Danny Simmons and many more. Patron tickets are $50 per couple and $30 per person. General admission is $20. Tickets are available by calling 292-6097. 7.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Restoration House Ministries: Join us for the seventh in our He Loves Me conference series. This year’s topic, “Speak up, Overcome, Survive”, will address abuse, violence and human trafficking in our community. A detailed professional development certificate is available upon request. Linda Powell, Sharon Apopa, Laurie Shiell-Smith and Judith Brewster will provide poignant insight and host interactive sessions to promote education, awareness and healing. A panel discussion, featuring survivors and a former perpetrator, and a breakout session are planned to fill this day with real-life stories and practical applications. At Crawl Gospel Chapel church hall, 9am-4.30pm. Tickets $130 until October 21 and then $150 until November 4. Tables of 8, $1000; tables of 4, $520. Tickets available from www.ptix.bm. There will be no tickets available at the door. For further information, or online streaming, contact 236-2725 or email@example.com.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and, immediately following at 11am, divine worship. For additional information regarding other services and events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857. • New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday in each month from 8am to 3pm. Men’s, women’s and children’s clothes will be on offer alongside shoes, books, toys, dishes and household items and linens. Soup, sandwiches, cakes, cookies and drink will also be available. Everything is free. 84 Somerset Road, Sandys.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre each Sunday from 8am-9.15am. We exist to provide love and care for one another through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am 293-0882.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s, invite you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George’s, welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George’s, invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm. The boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, email@example.com or www. facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell based on Matthew 21: 33-46: ‘The Patience of God’. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. For more information telephone 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Call 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480 for information.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.?• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm. Boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for our midweek Bible class. All welcome.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more details telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: (Pink Church on the corner of Church and Court Streets across from drive-in bank.) Bible Study, Wednesdays, (except first Wednesday of each month) held in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. For details call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study every week from 2pm-3pm with lay minister Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our YPD meeting at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s, invites all to attend its Youth Night (Youth Choir, Praise Dance, Church School) from 6pm-9pm. For more information about the event telephone 293-7045, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual uplifting classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. For details phone 294-4134.
• e-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with the subject “Around The Churches”