Smith ruled out of Pan Am Games
Tyler Smith, the Bermuda triathlete, has been ruled out of the Pan American Games in Lima, Peru, because of a stress fracture in his foot.
The 20-year-old was set to make his debut in the multi-sport competition, which starts on July 26 and runs until August 11.
Smith represented Bermuda at the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Australia, last year, finishing 21st in the men’s triathlon before helping Bermuda a fifth-place finish in the mixed team relay.
The University of Leeds student was among 19 athletes to have met the qualifying standard for the Pan Am Games.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
D’ezir dressed for success
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive