Bascome nets in Darlington friendly
Osagi Bascome, the Bermuda midfielder, scored a “wonder goal” in Darlington’s 2-2 draw away to Darlington Town in a pre-season friendly today.
Bascome, who is hoping to win a permanent deal at the English non-League club, where he spent two months at the end of last season, found the net with a dipping free kick in the 77th minute. Also on trial at Darlington, who play in the National League North — the sixth tier of the English pyramid. is Bermuda forward Tevahn Tyrell. He featured in Darlington’s 3-0 defeat at home to Scottish Premiership side Motherwell last weekend.
Bascome played all three group games for Bermuda at the Concacaf Gold Cup last month.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
D’ezir dressed for success
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive